THE DUKE'S RESIDENCE
In 1466, Francesco Sforza's successor Galeazzo Maria transformed the courtyard inside the Castle facing the park into a luxury residence, which was named the Corte Ducale. Next to the Corte Ducale was a square-planned complex called the Rocchetta. Really a fortress inside the fortress, the Rocchetta was provided with a high tower called Torre di Bona. This tower was named after Bona di Savoia, Galeazzo Maria Sforza's widow.
In the late XV century (from 1480 to 1500), Ludovico il Moro entrusted architect Donato Bramante and Leonardo Da Vinci with the building of a pretty little bridge overlooking the outer moat (the Ponticella) and the painting of the famous frescos on the walls inside the Sala delle Asse.